2021 THE XXXI EURAGRI CONFERENCE
The XXXI EURAGRI Conference was held as online event at MED, University of Évora, Portugal 27-28 September 2021.
Please download the programme here
Session 1: Introduction to theme
- Kerstin Rosenow, DG-AGRI EU-Research on soils and the mission concept
- Cees Veerman, Chair EU mission ‘Soil-Health and Food’ Research Mission in the area of Soil-Health and Food: Towards healthy soils in the EU by 2030
- Fleur Marchand, ILVO How to engage the farming community and society – Living labs
Session 2: Ecosystem services – living soils in living landscapes
- Else Bünemann, FiBl The multifunctionality of soils – who defines soil value?
- David Wall, Teagasc Soil quality – between knowledge and practice
- Bridget Emmett, UKCEH Monitoring and the question of relevant and meaningful indicators
Session 3: Sustainable agriculture in new clothes -Agro ecology and regenerative agriculture
- Gottlieb Basch MED Sustainable agriculture: Do we agree what it is?
- Ben Taylor-Davies, Regenben farm Regenerative ag approach- a case study
- Sandrine Petit-Michaut, INRAE AE-approach- a case study
- Antonia Wanner & Pascal Chapot, Nestlé Working WITH the farmers – Nestlé’s approach to regenerative agriculture
- James Moran, GMIT Up-take and out-scaling – how to make it happen?
Session 4: Breakout session
Laure Latruffe, INRAE Why are indicators necessary and for which purpose?
Andrea Furlan, DG-AGRI What indicators do we need and who defines them – CAP?
Pedro Atalaya, farmer How to achieve up-take and out-scale?
Isabel Ferraz de Oliveira, Universidade de Évora How to monitor up-take? Who is setting up the indicator system and using it?